Did you know Google’s new Search Analytics tool can help with SEO as it shows you your site’s ranking for different keywords and where your visitors land the most? This tool is now available to all users of Webmaster Tools. In this post we have explained its main features and where it fits in with Google’s other analytics tool to support SEO.
- Search Analytics is a free tool and it shows you how your website ranks and the number of visitors it generates. It allows you to see how your traffic changes over time as well as what search queries are most likely to show your site.
- This tool only provides analysis for the last 3 months whereas for these tools to be useful, it is necessary to compare at least a year’s analysis.
- The new search analytics tool allows you to compare four keyword metrics: Clicks, Impressions (the number of keyword searches), Click through rate and Position using different dimensions such as dates, queries, pages, countries, devices and search property (web, images, etc).
- This tool is the extension of the Search Queries report within the Google Webmaster Tools but has a lot of added features; it gives you the ability to analyze your site performance in Google search results. Also, this tool is available only if your site is registered with Google Webmaster Tools.
- The tool enables a device type breakdown i.e. the visits to your site from devices such as Web, Image, Mobile (Smartphone), Videos etc. This is important with the growing use of Mobiles and Google’s ‘Mobile Friendly’ update.
- Today, images are often prominently shown within the search results (SERPs) for some searches. You can assess this by keyword, but the percentage is comparatively lower.